Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Struggling with Alignment for 6se

I feel like an idiot or something but Iv been having  a horrible time just trying to align to track things 

I have tried using the hand remote (2 star allignment)  I enter all my info as precise as I can and try to track Jupiter just for it be miles off 

so my next plan of action was buying a little wifi port called skyfi just I can allign with my phone. I try to set it up just for it not to connect to the app usb cord an all 

i don’t know what to do anymore i just wanna enjoy my telascope and I love space and I wanna learn more so I just need help to see what I’m doing wrong so I just need help

First what mount are you using, Second are you polar aligning the mount first and levelling the mount. If you have a android device download this app from here it was on google play no idea why they took it off.

https://synscaninit-2.soft112.com/

Once levelled and polar aligned and all information has been put in, select 1,2 or 3 star alignment the first star will be out just use the handset to centre it using the right and top button last (helps with backlash) then proceed to the next star will be closer centre that as before. Now you can go to your first object or go to the 3rd star this should track fairly well as long as you started from scope up weights down position.

5 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

First what mount are you using, Second are you polar aligning the mount first and levelling the mount. If you have a android device download this app from here it was on google play no idea why they took it off.

Once levelled and polar aligned and all information has been put in, select 1,2 or 3 star alignment the first star will be out just use the handset to centre it using the right and top button last (helps with backlash) then proceed to the next star will be closer centre that as before. Now you can go to your first object or go to the 3rd star this should track fairly well as long as you started from scope up weights down position.

The Celestron 6SE uses an alt az mount so does not require polar alignment or have counterweights.

25 minutes ago, Batman26 said:

I feel like an idiot or something but Iv been having  a horrible time just trying to align to track things 

I have tried using the hand remote (2 star allignment)  I enter all my info as precise as I can and try to track Jupiter just for it be miles off 

so my next plan of action was buying a little wifi port called skyfi just I can allign with my phone. I try to set it up just for it not to connect to the app usb cord an all 

i don’t know what to do anymore i just wanna enjoy my telascope and I love space and I wanna learn more so I just need help to see what I’m doing wrong so I just need help

Your IP address suggests that you close to Seattle. Your coordinates will be similar to 122 19 55 W  46 36 22 N. These should be entered in that format and order. https://www.latlong.net/

I have a C8 SE (same mount as the OP).  Getting it to align should be straightforward provided you enter all the settings correctly.  Check the location and time/date and time zone and ensure they are all correct and in the correct format.   If once 'set up' it offers you a planet that you know is below the horizon (or vice versa), that is a clue that the settings are wrong.  Yes, I know this can be frustrating if you have never done it before.

If you can't make it behave with the handset, plugging in wifi gadgets will not help, unless you strike lucky and plug in something that automatically finds and enters the position, time, etc.

One thing to watch out for is bad connection of the power plug, exacerbated as the mount swings around while the power source stays put.

14 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Did you plug the Skyfi in the AUX socket OK on the mount? Does it appear in your devices wifi devices it can connect too?

Yea I connect the wifi to my phone but everytime I try to connect to SkyPortal 6 pro it doesn’t connect

14 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Not sure what mount im still learning but it’s just a stock 6se telascope

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Not sure what connectors come with the Skyfi, but the Celestron  wifi adapter you can get plugs into the AUX socket on the Celestron 6SE mount.

Yea I got it plugged into the aux and everything it just refuses to connect to sky safari 6 pro and im almost positive I have the right set up on the app

10 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

I have a C8 SE (same mount as the OP).  Getting it to align should be straightforward provided you enter all the settings correctly.  Check the location and time/date and time zone and ensure they are all correct and in the correct format.   If once 'set up' it offers you a planet that you know is below the horizon (or vice versa), that is a clue that the settings are wrong.  Yes, I know this can be frustrating if you have never done it before.

If you can't make it behave with the handset, plugging in wifi gadgets will not help, unless you strike lucky and plug in something that automatically finds and enters the position, time, etc.

One thing to watch out for is bad connection of the power plug, exacerbated as the mount swings around while the power source stays put.

Thank you for the advice

5 hours ago, Batman26 said:

Yea I got it plugged into the aux and everything it just refuses to connect to sky safari 6 pro and im almost positive I have the right set up on the app

Did you check out the help page on Skysafari?

20AB9BED-88EE-402C-86DD-5F87708A3150.thumb.png.03420a7263cdb021deca28d469d2dc00.png

Might be some other pointers on there you could try to get Skyfi to work. I assume that you have connected the wifi connection to you device first before you try to get Skysafari to connect to the mount too? 

I don't have that mount but before you mess with other software make sure the tripod is level using a bubble level if it doesn't have one integrated, and the scope should be pointing north before you switch any power on to do a 2-3 star alignment. That's my basic startup workflow with goto mounts.