Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars and Uranus 5 September

Kon

A quick session this morning after the thunderstorm. Transparency was excellent but the jet stream did not help; Jupiter did not look good but Mars and Uranus being higher up helped. I am pleased to see the cloud on the N polar cap in this capture as well which gives me more confidence not being a processing artefact the day before. Uranus is also showing some weak features. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate, UV/IR cut filter.

image.png.6c602cb70227acc88daa70f426419e17.pngimage.png.63560cc22e6c31ff4c40aa6c2ef1d599.png

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

A quick session this morning after the thunderstorm. Transparency was excellent but the jet stream did not help; Jupiter did not look good but Mars and Uranus being higher up helped. I am pleased to see the cloud on the N polar cap in this capture as well which gives me more confidence not being a processing artefact the day before. Uranus is also showing some weak features. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate, UV/IR cut filter.

image.png.6c602cb70227acc88daa70f426419e17.pngimage.png.63560cc22e6c31ff4c40aa6c2ef1d599.png

Another nice Mars. Showing Sinus Meridiani quite clearly. Uranus will be difficult at 8" But good result despite that. 

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Another nice Mars. Showing Sinus Meridiani quite clearly. Uranus will be difficult at 8" But good result despite that. 

Thanks Neil. I am excited when it gets larger. I am also getting a better feeling with the processing.

I like imaging Uranus somehow despite knowing that I am limited with what I can capture.

3 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Really nice results, Mars is small but perfectly formed with plenty of detail, will be great to image later at opposition. Nice work with Uranus too, not easy with 8”. 

Thanks. Yes very excited for later on. 

39 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

I am planning on going bigger for next year hopefully. Likely a 12" dob with drives. Uranus comes alive around that size with clear banding being got. And storms on Neptune possible. 

That sounds amazing. If you do go with a 12", I would love to see your captures. I have seen some really nice pics with banding of the 'blueish planets ' with larger telescopes so you should pull them off.

22 minutes ago, Kon said:

That sounds amazing. If you do go with a 12", I would love to see your captures. I have seen some really nice pics with banding of the 'blueish planets ' with larger telescopes so you should pull them off.

Ive done it before with a 300p on a EQ6 both Uranus and Neptune

• Like 1