SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyecups needed for 1.25" Ortho EPs?

Vroobel

Hi,

Recently I purchased Ortho EPs manufactured by Masuyama to use with my A80M and binoviewer. They have 33.95mm diameter. I think a winged eyecup designed by me will also match Fujiyama, Kasai, Antares and other Japanese Orthos. If not, you can adjust a Horizontal Expansion (which I set as -0.25) or simply stretch it in Cura or other slicer. A vertical stretch is also possible. All details are provided on the project website:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5492218

It may be important that some factory made eyecups may cost 14$... 

Edited by Vroobel

45 minutes ago, Zeta Reticulan said:

Eyecups for ortho's, whatever next?

I like eyecups with orthos! Especially the Baader BCO winged eyecups, and Celestron Ultimas. In fact, I wonder why they are winged in one direction only, it would be better if they extended both ways, although not as far in one direction as the other. I suppose I could always make my own out of some bicycle inner tube or something.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

I like eyecups with orthos! Especially the Baader BCO winged eyecups, and Celestron Ultimas. In fact, I wonder why they are winged in one direction only, it would be better if they extended both ways, although not as far in one direction as the other. I suppose I could always make my own out of some bicycle inner tube or something.

I'm pretty sure Baader (Ohi) Eudiascopics are supplied with winged eyecups.

zl9ySvAl.jpg

Not sure where mine went lol.

17 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

In fact, I wonder why they are winged in one direction only, it would be better if they extended both ways, although not as far in one direction as the other.

Do you mean something like in the picture? Or like egg chair? My eyecup has 2mm collar over 1mm diaphragm to allow eyeball go into the eyecup slightly. Eyebrow, nose and cheek protect 3 other directions from the side light. For me it's very comfortable and working well. 

Screenshot_20220903-101756.jpg

36 minutes ago, Vroobel said:

Do you mean something like in the picture? Or like egg chair? My eyecup has 2mm collar over 1mm diaphragm to allow eyeball go into the eyecup slightly. Eyebrow, nose and cheek protect 3 other directions from the side light. For me it's very comfortable and working well. 

Screenshot_20220903-101756.jpg

Yes, exactly like the picture, more shielding is a good idea, but not too much...or it won't fit!