Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image orientation in MaximDL

MaximDL is a fine program which, among many other things, displays an image immediately after it has been downloaded.

With my current settings the image is invariably mirror-reversed with respect to the conventional North-up and East-left orientation. It is generally rotated too, depending on how the camera is orientated with respect to the scope. This makes comparison with, say, Aladin-Lite or printed VS charts difficult.

Although it is easy to flip and rotate any given image by hand, I have yet to find a way to arrange for this to happen automagically. I have read the fine manual and performed an internet search, so far without success.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks,

Paul

MaxIm DL > open Camera Control Window >click Setup tab > click Options button > select appropriate modifier buttons  in the Orientation field where you will find options for "No Rotation", "Rotate 90 deg CW", "Rotate 90 deg CCW", Flip Horizontally, and Flip Vertically.

These selections are applied to the image at download time automatically and are saved as part of the current active profile.

image.jpeg.6eecc27f42e75b57e371944a47db3b9f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, thank you!

I was forever going round a maze of twisting little sub-menus, all different, but failed to come across this one.

I can live with a rotation restricted to 90 degrees because the camera is rarely off by more than 10 degrees or so.