Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Periodic Table of Messier Objects

Astro_Dad

I've seen that before, but I don't think I had the link to the original page, so thanks for that.

There's obviously an element of subjectivity involved, but this one manages to pack a lot of information into a compact format. The ones that are still outstanding on my own list are not so because of their intrinsic difficulty, but because they're right down low on the southern horizon, in summer only.

Also, I just noticed a mistake - it has M54 as an open cluster, but it's a glob. And an interesting one at that.

• Like 1

Good spot on M54 @Zermelo- I’ve checked and the printed version in the current S@N also has this incorrect. 
I think that conceptually it presents the catalogue in a novel way that will appeal to us scientists- and like in science, critique and constructive feedback will no doubt improve it and boost its utility beyond a pleasing visual. I’m sure the author would appreciate that !