Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange objects in M45 over two sessions

mightymonoped

Apologies if these are in the wrong section, please feel free to move elsewhere if appropriate.

I have noticed these strange anomalies in two separate sessions now and have no idea what they are. 

They apparently move over the course of the imaging session and indeed are in different locations in the respective sessions.

Anybody got any ideas as to what they are? Actual bodies? Reflections in imaging train?

First session 11 Aug 2022 session start 01:44 - imaging using SW 80ED, Optolong L-Pro filter, ASI294mc pro at 120s subs

Second Session 30/31 Aug session start 23:30 - same setup but with 300s subs

Has me stumped?

Tony

image.png

PO-3.png

PO-4.png

PO-5.png

PO-6.png

PO-7.png

PO-8.png

Nope, no idea! There appears to be another one in the top left corner as indicated on a copy of your first photo. It moves in the same way as the other two through the first set, but does not appear in the second set due to different framing.

Mightymonoped.JPG

28 minutes ago, mightymonoped said:

I have noticed these strange anomalies in two separate sessions now and have no idea what they are. 

They seem to be in the same position relative to each other. Do they appear in your flats or darks?

Do these appear only in certain images taken when scope is pointing in certain direction? This could indicate that its being affected by some external light sources.

Edited by AstroMuni

2 minutes ago, mightymonoped said:

There is heavy light pollution from car park lights, I suspect it's an internal reflection from one of those due to the direction this object is in.

might be worth extending the dew shield

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

I think reflections are the most likely cause. There are signs of something bright intruding at the edge of the upper-right frame, but there is no bright star at that location.

That’s probably amp-glow as these are uncalibrated subs. 

However, I do think they’re reflections.