Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Space Station

was sitting out on my poarch early this morning, spotted the Space Station, fly right by from NW, and even 

though I waved up at them,I knew that,they could not see me waving to them, but just the thought,of  one of 

the astronauts, sitting in the coupola, looking down on the Earth, and being able to see me waving, at them would 

be so awsome, however the work that they our doing on the Space station, is going to benifit all of us 

here on Earth.

I  have been so Interested in Space, and  the Universe for as long as I can  Remember , I sit on my  Porch early every 

morning, just looking at the morning stars,and  woundering if there is life  outside of our Universe.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dweller25 said:

I think extra terrestrial life probably exists, but nature in it’s infinite wisdom keeps us well apart.

It's the probably that is the uncertainty. The universe is about 14 billion years old I believe. Earth is about 4.5 billion, the Sun being about 4.6 billion. It may have taken more than 10 billion years for stars to form that produce complex elements. If this is the case life on Earth could well be among the first life to emerge (if not the first). 

11 minutes ago, Zeta Reticulan said:

It's the probably that is the uncertainty. The universe is about 14 billion years old I believe. Earth is about 4.5 billion, the Sun being about 4.6 billion. It may have taken more than 10 billion years for stars to form that produce complex elements. If this is the case life on Earth could well be among the first life to emerge (if not the first). 

We will probably never know 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goddasgirl2021 said:

was sitting out on my poarch early this morning, spotted the Space Station, fly right by from NW, and even 

though I waved up at them,I knew that,they could not see me waving to them, but just the thought,of  one of 

the astronauts, sitting in the coupola, looking down on the Earth, and being able to see me waving, at them would 

be so awsome, however the work that they our doing on the Space station, is going to benifit all of us 

here on Earth.

I  have been so Interested in Space, and  the Universe for as long as I can  Remember , I sit on my  Porch early every 

morning, just looking at the morning stars,and  woundering if there is life  outside of our Universe.

It’s always great to see the ISS zoom across the sky 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zeta Reticulan said:

@goddasgirl2021

Population I stars, like our Sun are rich in heavier elements having formed from the remains of earlier stars. >1% elements beyond helium. Hence, since our planets were formed from the same dust cloud, they are rich in heavy elements as well as lighter ones.

Population II stars contain <<1% of heavier elements, thus mainly hydrogen and helium. Probably less likely to have planets and any that are there will be gas planets like Jupiter.

Population III stars are hypothesised to be the first stars and would have been formed from only hydrogen. Any helium in their cores would be as a result of fusion in those stars.

Once a Population III star goes supernova, it will build heavier elements and release them into the Universe where they will "contaminate" the material from which Population II stars and, ultimately, Population I stars will form.

There is an idea in science that around about now is the earliest point in time that intelligent, technologically advanced life becomes possible. Whilst this is based on science, such as evolution and the time scales we know are necessary, it is also based on our knowledge of life on just one planet in a vast Universe.

1 hour ago, Mandy D said:

@goddasgirl2021

Population I stars, like our Sun are rich in heavier elements having formed from the remains of earlier stars. >1% elements beyond helium. Hence, since our planets were formed from the same dust cloud, they are rich in heavy elements as well as lighter ones.

Population II stars contain <<1% of heavier elements, thus mainly hydrogen and helium. Probably less likely to have planets and any that are there will be gas planets like Jupiter.

Population III stars are hypothesised to be the first stars and would have been formed from only hydrogen. Any helium in their cores would be as a result of fusion in those stars.

Once a Population III star goes supernova, it will build heavier elements and release them into the Universe where they will "contaminate" the material from which Population II stars and, ultimately, Population I stars will form.

There is an idea in science that around about now is the earliest point in time that intelligent, technologically advanced life becomes possible. Whilst this is based on science, such as evolution and the time scales we know are necessary, it is also based on our knowledge of life on just one planet in a vast Universe.

That's the thing, we only know about Earth. There could be other 'Earths' of course. As a species humans are around 200 000 years old. The evidence for the oldest life on Earth is about 3.7 billion years. The probability that anything else evolved elsewhere within about 4 billion years is the intriguing bit.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zeta Reticulan said:

That's the thing, we only know about Earth. There could be other 'Earths' of course. As a species humans are around 200 000 years old. The evidence for the oldest life on Earth is about 3.7 billion years. The probability that anything else evolved elsewhere within about 4 billion years is the intriguing bit.  

You might like this article that traces human ancestry back to the extinction of dinosaurs.

https://www.inverse.com/innovation/oldest-human-ancestor-fossil-found-in-montana

• Thanks 1