SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andy and Sandra

AndyKeogh

Hi all , joined a few weeks back to read the forum anad only just realised that I (we) should have announced our arrival here.

Well 6 weeks ago I went to Astrofest having never looked through a telescope and neither sandra nor myself had ever thought of looking at the night sky with our binoculars. :) We have now so we realise that 10x25 handheld is not the way forward.

Over the years we have sort of tinkered with books on astronomy but it was in May 2007 as we walked on the beach on Kuramathi late one eveing after dinner we discovered really really dark skies without ever realising what they were. Needless to say trying to photograph the milky way and the million stars that filled teh sky that night with a canon ixus 800is hand held failed.

So now we have bitten the bullet and own a celstron C8 SGT and we are awaiting delivery of a canon eos 50D and I know there are going to be all sort of problems getting a decent astrophotograph and we are probably going to have to spend loads more with First Light Optics and others but thats life.

I hope you will put up with the many questions which will be asked out of ignorance but we are both quite exited about the journey we have started and hope that over time we will be able to assist others but at this time we need a lot of hand holding.

OAG is liable to be the first area of interest. did TJ ever get the TS Off Axis Guider - Only 9mm Length!

and did it solve his focussing porblems? should I be asking this question in a new thread? I wonder how I do that ?

Andy & Sandra

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome

OAG is liable to be the first area of interest. did TJ ever get the "TS Off Axis Guider - Only 9mm Length", and did it solve his focussing problems?

Yes he did, it worked a treat.... but for £200+ I wouldnt expect anything less (I am still tempted by it though!). OAGs are infuriating, frustrating, annoying, pain in the backside bits of kit... but when they work, they work really well.

should I be asking this question in a new thread? I wonder how I do that?

Just start a new thread in the relevant section.

Archived