SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6960 - The Western Veil Nebula

Graeme

Here's my go at NGC 6960 - The Western Veil Nebula, Caldwell 34, the Witches Broom Nebula. Part of the Veil Complex supernova remnant in the constellation Cygnus. Captured 21/08/22. 24 from 27 x 240 second exposures. Captured with NINA. Processed with PixInsight.

It needs a bit more processing to darken the background and bring out the colours more. But there's too much wrong with it to spend more time on it! 52 Cyg, is oversaturated (showing a slight collimation adjustment is needed) so I need to have another go with more data at a lower exposure. The poor composition is a result of expecting more nebulosity in the top left of the image and the shadow of the guiding mirror shows at the bottom of the image!

Regards

Graeme

NGC6960-01_s.png

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 4

Thanks Martin. I try not to be too heavy handed! But the bloated stars need sorting. I didn't use Starnet because when whilst it works well on the smaller stars when I've used it previously, the well bloated stars remain unaffected.

I might have another session on it with shorter exposures.

Graeme