Show us your Tak

Stu

8 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Nooooo! I would never do such a thing 😂😂😂😂😂

Maybe not deliberately Nicola, but, bit by bit... scope by scope... Until suddenly you are actually working for Takahashi as their Ireland Sales Rep! 🤣

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, JeremyS said:

In any case, 8 Taks has got to be enough for anyone.

I suppose until they bring back the Mewlon 250 🫣

Hmmm, I’ve had..

3x30mm

3x50mm

1x100mm

1x102mm

1x120mm

1x128mm

1x180mm

1x210mm

That’s 12 and possibly enough 🤣

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Emperor!Takahashi! said:

I will show you a Tak and raise you a Tak 😎😎 Pretty pleased with this setup, and eagerly awaiting Jupiter.

IMG-20240922-WA0001.thumb.jpg.b5b95ee0efa6c01fe2516e8336e74bb8.jpg

IMG-20240922-WA0000.thumb.jpg.b1987d1bdedc9693d095273934cbc009.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful pair of scopes! That certainly is eye candy. I love the cover on the Mewlon and I wish they would use the Japanese label on the OTA on the new ones!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Wow, what a beautiful pair of scopes! That certainly is eye candy. I love the cover on the Mewlon and I wish they would use the Japanese label on the OTA on the new ones!

Thank you! 

Who wouldn't love a Mewlon? A friend of mine encouraged me to try keeping mine outside to manage the thermal issues. I am stunned by how well it works. I left the Mewlon 210 in a covered shed in the morning, and I didn't experience any thermal distortion whatsoever, even at high magnification, when I started using it at nightfall. It's such a simple solution, yet amazingly effective... No fan, no fuss, no muss. I'll be doing this from now on. It really allows the scope to perform to its (admirable) potential.

And the FS-102 is a pure joy.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Emperor!Takahashi! said:

Thank you! 

Who wouldn't love a Mewlon? A friend of mine encouraged me to try keeping mine outside to manage the thermal issues. I am stunned by how well it works. I left the Mewlon 210 in a covered shed in the morning, and I didn't experience any thermal distortion whatsoever, even at high magnification, when I started using it at nightfall. It's such a simple solution, yet amazingly effective... No fan, no fuss, no muss. I'll be doing this from now on. It really allows the scope to perform to its (admirable) potential.

That's what I do with my dob.  It gets a cover over it to keep dust and stoor off though.  It also means I can stick a dehumidifier box under the cover as my shed is prone to condensation in the winter and it helps stop it getting damp.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Emperor!Takahashi! said:

Thank you! 

I agree - I love my  Mewlon too. I keep mine indoors but I put it outside a few hours before use, in a plastic sealable box from a homeware shop. It works perfectly and I’ve never had a problem with cooling. It’s safe from any inclement weather in the box if the night doesn’t turn out as planned.

• Like 2