SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wizard's Nebula

AstroGS

During our recent holidays in north Greece, i had the chance for the first time to experience a bortle 2 night sky. It was a completely different experience and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Here is my first ever try at the Wizard's nebula, with a SW AZ-GTi, a RedCat51, L-Extreme and ASI533MC Pro, guided by an ASI290MM mini and controlled by AsiAir Plus.

The image was integrated and processed with PI.

47 x 300 secs

50 x Darks, Flats and Bias

The AZ-GTi did an absolutely fantastic job, tracking well below 1" PE at 90% of the time - i did not throw away any frames due to tracking! After i came back, i thought that i should have not used a filter at all and just grab pure RGB.

The most amazing part was how dense the stars are and for this reason, i am sharing also the image with unprocessed starts.

RGB_POST_CURVES.png

SH2_142FINAL.png

IMG_6044.PNG

• Like 12

• 2 months later...

Only just seen this, think it's a fabulous effort.

I love the effort with star reduction. I have just posted my latest effort but sadly it isn't anything like as good as this, well done.

What star reduction do you use and how many hours data do you have ?

12 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

Only just seen this, think it's a fabulous effort.

I love the effort with star reduction. I have just posted my latest effort but sadly it isn't anything like as good as this, well done.

What star reduction do you use and how many hours data do you have ?

Hey @bomberbaz thanks for your kind words 🙂

It was about 4 hours and for this one, i think it was just the Morphological Transformation process from Pixinsignt.