SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51

Sam

Fourth night in a row last night of imaging!!

This is 33 X 2min subs at ISO 1600, canon 1000D and 8" reflector. It was really windy so I was quite surprised it turned out as well as it did:

Sam

post-14099-133877362458_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike,

It's your image of M51 from last year that has inspired me to keep at it! though I've still got a looooong way to go before getting anything like that image!:)

Sam

John,

That was on Monday and it was pretty clear out my way - though the clouds were rolling in about 10pm and it was very windy, was it cloudy in Horsham?

Sam

Monday was clear, but the wind was causing me issues with galaxies, so I went for M67 instead. I misread the timings, I thought you meant last night... that was wall to wall cloud.

Monday was clear, but the wind was causing me issues with galaxies, so I went for M67 instead. I misread the timings, I thought you meant last night... that was wall to wall cloud.

yep, same here:)

Thats brilliant....are you sure its only an hour??

I must be doing something wrong :)

Yep Aza, it was 33 X 2 min subs - the focus is key and then followed by gentle processing, small changes at a time seems to work.

Sam

You have done a great job with your data then!

The data I have so far does not come anywhere near that.

If you grab a few more hours, you will have something out of this world (no pun intended!) :)

Archived