Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 24th Aug

neil phillips

Stella lyra 7.3 CC ZWO ADC Baader UV IR cut. Celestron Omni 2x barlow screwed straight into the ADC SW EQ5 pro mount. 

Seeing was reasonable. Will look at some later captures tomorrow. But this early one looked quite good. Between being oversampled and undersampled. i believe i am getting better results oversampled.. At least i am not losing resolution. This is 90% of capture size

01_45_56 24th Aug CC.png 80.png 90.png

Different process 80% of capture size

01_45_56 con 80.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 9

Excellent images again, I'm still a bit confused as to how you manage to produce such large size detailed images with no more than a 2 x Barlow, I expect that JPEG images saved from processing programs such as Registax would have been much smaller. Is it possible to cut and paste larger images directly onto this site direct from the processing programs.

Is your Stella Lyra CC f12, so that with a 2x Barlow the effective focal ratio would have been f24, a lot more than the supposed optimum of around f10 (based on 3x the pixel size) for a lot of planetary cameras.

John  

Edited by johnturley

1 hour ago, johnturley said:

Excellent images again, I'm still a bit confused as to how you manage to produce such large size detailed images with no more than a 2 x Barlow, I expect that JPEG images saved from processing programs such as Registax would have been much smaller. Is it possible to cut and paste larger images directly onto this site direct from the processing programs.

Is your Stella Lyra CC f12, so that with a 2x Barlow the effective focal ratio would have been f24, a lot more than the supposed optimum of around f10 (based on 3x the pixel size) for a lot of planetary cameras.

John  

Hi John yes its oversampled. But i screwed the barlow straight into the ADC. Which helps keep it down a bit. Really i need to do similar with a 1.5x barlow. Which i dont have. The images are saved as Tiff. Sometimes i do 1.5x drizzle. But not here. It was saved as capture size. Then downsized slightly

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1