SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A “Different” M42 and M43 from earlier this year

assouptro

Hi stargazers 

I know it’s the wrong time of year but I didn’t post this at the time as I never considered it finished or good enough but looking at it with rested eyes I quite like it 

I had just acquired an Atik 383l+ and was trying it out during a full moon on M42 

I was surprised by the amount of twisting structure between M42 and M43 

I completely blew out the trapezium and was going to attempt to get a few more shorter subs for that but the weather etc prevented me from getting more data so I never posted it 

Anyway 

here it is, it’s a mixture of lrgbsho 

649D7C58-F46F-4861-AD1B-B74524656409.thumb.jpeg.9a8eef8e30de4a46226f56e8bc4be6eb.jpeg

Thanks for looking 😊

Bryan 

• Like 12

That's certainly deep and quite spectacular.  The dust is showing very well but perhaps at the expense of colour.  I quite like a saturated trapezium.  Efforts at HDR imaging tend to make the whole nebula lose vibrancy

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the comment Martin 

I wish I had acquired some better data on the Trapezium to add to the mix, I ran out of time due to neighbours trees and cloud. It’s always good to have a goal for “next time” should you be lucky enough to be around for another year! 

Thanks again 

Bryan