SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heated body warmers

bomberbaz

I recently came across these by accident, I was actually looking for a new powertank and they came up as an option, probably often bought together.

Amazon.co.uk : heated vest usb

Has anyone got one and if yes, a few questions below:

How long do they run for as in, do you need a lot of powertanks to run them for say 4 hours.

Are they reliable and how effective are they.

Anything else you can add such as reliable brand.

There are always reviews on amazon but I am very sceptical on the validity of many off them. It is well known some companies try to bride people into giving positive reviews.

However, overall it seems a great idea and would potentially cut down on having to look like the Michelin man. 

cheers steve

can't comment on those but I did get my daughter something similar years ago from Maplin, along with gloves since she is/was a gardener working outdoors in winter. Back then tho it was rechargable batteries tho I also get her one of those bulk 100 battery deals to keep her going. She thought it was great, as you note, less bulk so easier to move around. Wonder if these use carbon heating elements as they'd be thinner and perhaps more durable.

• Thanks 1

I have one of the heated USB body warmers on that page that was bought for me and I love mine when I use it in the winter. 

When I connect a power tank it'll keep me warm all during my imaging session that I stay out with my equipment. Even when I don't use a power tank the silver material reflects all my body heat back in so only put the power on intermittently but so toasty.  The power draw can be low well with my power tank so the talentcell power pack should cope and not switch off or any power tank that stays on with low power draw. 

Lee

IMG_20220822_171621.jpg

IMG_20220822_172233.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AstroNebulee said:

I have one of the heated USB body warmers on that page that was bought for me and I love mine when I use it in the winter. 

When I connect a power tank it'll keep me warm all during my imaging session that I stay out with my equipment. Even when I don't use a power tank the silver material reflects all my body heat back in so only put the power on intermittently but so toasty.  The power draw can be low well with my power tank so the talentcell power pack should cope and not switch off or any power tank that stays on with low power draw. 

Lee

What brand do you have please Lee?

9 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

What brand do you have please Lee?

I think it's this one Steve 

https://amzn.eu/d/9095Yqy

I didn't even know mine had 3 settings until I checked the label inside my jacket  🙄

I do wear a thermal long sleeve shirt underneath it all and a coat over the top but the body warmer keeps your core nice and warm. 

Lee

IMG_20220822_172518.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Lee

IMG_20220822_171621.jpg

IMG_20220822_172233.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Lee, should keep my old bones warm in the unlikely event of clear winter night skies but also a hedge against spiralling energy costs during the day 😆.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaurenceT said:

Thanks for the heads up Lee, should keep my old bones warm in the unlikely event of clear winter night skies but also a hedge against spiralling energy costs during the day 😆.

No problems, may be cheaper to charge up the old power banks and wear one of these with the spiralling energy costs. 

My body warmer has been a godsend on those cold winter nights. 

• Like 1