Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pickering's Triangle NGC6979

peter shah

Pickering's Triangle NGC6979 part of the Veil complex in Cygnus. Imaged remotely in Spain with the 12in ASA and ASI2600MM Pro. Exposure times were 24x120s each in RGB,  30x 300s in O3 and 30x 120s in Ha. Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.

Worth taking a looking at the full res there are some lovely areas in this object.

Thanks for looking
Peter Shah

Pickerings Triangle NGC6979.jpg

Pickerings Triangle NGC6979 Crop 1.jpg

Pickerings Triangle NGC6979 Crop 2.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

Fabulous detail in there Peter, puts my poor efforts to shame. Will try to get some more data on this when we get some clear skies with no moon.

Thank you Dave, I did some careful frame selecting and deconvolution, the O3  by itself is lovely in this part of the object with its hard and soft feathered edges........Its a great part of the sky so many different parts to the Veil that are stand alone images....

40 minutes ago, assouptro said:

Hi Peter That’s very impressive 

Can I ask, is it your remote rig or one you have rented time on?

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thank you Bryan...I built it and run the kit.

Edited by peter shah
  • Like 1

Very nice Peter, I normally class remote imaging as cheating 🤣 but as it's your rig that you built and run that's no different really from me sitting in my front room Teamveiwered to the laptop in the back garden 😃

Just a bit further !

Really nice.

• Like 1