Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

21st August

neil phillips

Apparently there was a jet stream around. it wasnt the best seeing thats for sure Tried to get all the panes quickly so with the 178 chip i tried to omit the dark edge. Which caused problems processing. Anyway my first lunar for a while if not the best. Stella lyra 8" CC zwo 178mm IR 685. SW EQ5 PRO 70% downsize from capture size

04_32_12_moon_ REDO 75.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 8

Wow Neil.  Really nice work.   I think you brought it down to just perfect resolution for your seeing here.   I probably would have listed seeing like this as 4/5!  haha.   Ah well,  we have to use what we have.

You say not the best...... I say fantastic!  I LOVE the processing.

I could have imaged this morning...  but just could not drag my butt out of bed.   I did yesterday though!   Had a nice session, which I am posting now.  

Clear skies!!

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck

3 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Wow Neil.  Really nice work.   I think you brought it down to just perfect resolution for your seeing here.   I probably would have listed seeing like this as 4/5!  haha.   Ah well,  we have to use what we have.

You say not the best...... I say fantastic!  I LOVE the processing.

I could have imaged this morning...  but just could not drag my butt out of bed.   I did yesterday though!   Had a nice session, which I am posting now.  

Clear skies!!

Mike

Cheers Mike. The biggest problem is ICE when lots of panes are used at high resolution. It does  a auto stretch on certain areas. Which totally messes it up. That I have to correct post processing. If I spent longer i could likely do better ( been out of practice ) But the data is not inspiring enough to warrant too much time i dont think. Off to see your other post. 

Edited by neil phillips