SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

This weekend

Mart29

Hello 👋  

So , set my alarm for 2:45 Friday and Saturday night. Both time thought sod this and hit the snooze 😴  but did make it out in the garden for 3:45 , on both.

Jupiter, Saturn,  Mars and the Moon all in range in the garden.

I sacked off Saturn as I wouldn't have time for all. Started on Jupiter with good results,  nice banding and some detail . Turned to Mars , a decent star like image to start but playing and got it looking like a round planet in the eye piece. 

Enjoyed this weekend,  got distracted by a low flying bat a few times. Bad to wait for clouds to come and go , but worth it. 

Now, knackered but content is 🤣

• Like 3

I often just wake at 4ish and sometimes take a peek to see if it's clear. I've had two short sessions in the last couple of nights, same targets as you. I have never seen Jupiter so clear. First really definite view of the GRS and first time I've really noticed detail in the bands. 

I wonder is the sky generally steadier at that time 8n the very early morning?

Malcolm 

• Like 2

Just a better atmosphere this weekend I think. I always used to wait for clear nights but after research part cloudy is good , fog is good for planet's also because if there's fog there is high pressure which is the best conditions for viewing the planet's. 

• Like 1