Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Whippy

M84, M86, the eyes and a whole host of friends - 23/03/09

As many of you know, it was a touch windy last night so switching back to side-by-side from piggyback and using the 66 as the imaging scope was the order of the day. I thought I'd make a start on the Markarian's Chain mosaic I'd been promising myself since SteveL's jaw dropper from last year and here's the first part. Only lost two subs to the wind which a result considering but it would appear the camera wasn't sitting square in the focuser hence the odd-shaped stars on one side of the image. The gradient in there is a bit of puzzle too and unfortunately, my trial of Gradient Xterminator has run out :), that's going to have to wait. Still, hopefully it won't notice so much when I add the other three panes to this :). Anyways, it's a start and considering how windy it was (although the sky conidtions were miles better than last week), I'm quite chuffed I managed to get this.

Anyhoo, the 'bottom' of Markarian's Chain. Total exposure time 2 hrs (24x5 mins) taken with an Atik 16hr with IR cut and IDAS filters through a WO ZS66. Guided by a WO ZS110, QHY5 and PHD all atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877362343_thumb.jpg

That's a nice start Tony!!

Helen

What a great start Tony, stick with the project and it will be a beast

Great! The mosaic is a worthwhile project for sure.

I've been concentrating on 'the Eyes' the last couple of nights, and it's nice to see them in context.

Cheers

Rob

Wow!, you're performing like a veteran Tony, that's one hell of a tidy Image. If the follow ups are this good, i's going to be Ace.

I was saying to Rob. after his "Eyes" Image recently, I'd never heard or seen the object. Now I've seen three pairs today.:)

Good luck with the rest of this.

Ron.:)

Thanks all :), I've been just staring at this over the last couple of days trying to pick up all the galaxies just in this one frame and I just keep picking up more :). Fingers crossed we'll get some more clear skies!

Tony..