SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Image train advice

ninjageezer

Hi all just getting started trying some planetary as i've just acquired an Edgehd 8 . 

I have a ASI 224mc camera with a badder ir cut filter screwed onto the front and then a powermate 2.5 x into a Meade flip mirror.on the top of the flip mirror i have a TV 25mm eyepiece to help location.

the slight issue i came across (may not be a problem) is the depth of the nose piece in the flip mirror is not deep enough for the powermate,as you can see from my picture i have just used some 1.25 parfocal rings to give a better sung fit against the flip mirror .

i can achieve equal focus it seems with the eyepiece and the camera ,the indicated focal length last night when shooting saturn was about 5000 .is this setup ok or am i missing something.

20220820_115721_01.jpg

Looks fine to me, though if the 1.25” holder on the flip mirror is a bit poor you might want to upgrade to to something a bit more substantial to hold the power mate and camera more securely (I’m assuming that the holder screws off to reveal a T thread?) 

The important thing to remember with imaging trains is to collimate through them as much as possible and so any droop is taken into account in the collimation

• Like 1