SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD2 does not recognise ASI678MC

hjw

I recently got a ASI678MC which I want to use for guiding and occasional planetary photography since my previous guide camera doesn't want play along any more. My problem now is that PHD2 doesn't recognise the camera. I downloaded and installed the latest version of PHD2 as well as the latest ASIStudio with updated drivers. In ASIStudio everything is fine, the camera shows up and I can start imaging. But PHD2 tells me "no camera found". I copied the ASICamera2.dll file into the PHD2 folder and replaced the one which was there, but then PHD2 doesn't start at all. Did anybody have the same problem and fix it?

Any help welcome! Clear skies!

• 2 months later...

Yep, same issue here. I can connect the asi678MC to sharpcap, but in PHD2, SGpro, and firecapture it is not detected.

Installed the latest drivers and software updates, no luck. I'm using the camera for some casual planetary viewing and imaging, for which sharpcap is oke.  

Cheers,

Wido.