SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

so, Artemis test flight AKA Should Launch Someday, 16-Nov-2022

DaveL59

I'm thinking there is something wrong within the NASA management. Was there such problems with Apollo? I mean with way over budget and way behind schedule? I don't recall reading such, though I was way too young at the time to be aware. It's almost a British level of organisation. As @DaveL59 said, the new HMS Prince of Wales has just broken down as it went out of port and the new HMS Queen Elizabeth appears to be in dock at Birkenhead, undergoing who knows what!  So much for state of the art equipment, though both probably has more to do with the lack of engineers on board...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greymouser said:

I'm thinking there is something wrong within the NASA management. Was there such problems with Apollo? I mean with way over budget and way behind schedule? I don't recall reading such, though I was way too young at the time to be aware. It's almost a British level of organisation. As @DaveL59 said, the new HMS Prince of Wales has just broken down as it went out of port and the new HMS Queen Elizabeth appears to be in dock at Birkenhead, undergoing who knows what!  So much for state of the art equipment, though both probably has more to do with the lack of engineers on board...

I have to say I see where you are coming from on this.
HMS Prince of Wales looks like the pumps are going at full pelt, another leak perhaps?
Was HMS Queen Elizabeth not in dock over a faulty sealing on drive shafts? Or am I dreaming that one up.

On the Artemis 1 front, well the kits well known, half of it came from the Shuttle era after all!

• Like 2

like I said earlier, FBH, sharp rap on the valve and off ya go... Oh well I guess HSE and such won't allow that these days tho 😉 

Tho another commentary says one tank wasn't all the way full, so a leak, sensor failure, who knows.

Edited by DaveL59

5 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

So, next Friday then...

ack, I'll be in the new job then, tho might be better to check if it went and get it on catch-up rather than the long wait to see what goes wrong next time...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

So, next Friday then...

34 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

ack, I'll be in the new job then, tho might be better to check if it went and get it on catch-up rather than the long wait to see what goes wrong next time...

ahh you mean this friday? 02-Sept was just muted so I'll be able to watch that for fail installment-2 as I don't start till the following week 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 1

Pretty much all we know is engine 3 had an issue during conditioning, flow rates? They did say the earlier crack in the SLS was in the foam and not the main casing. Could be other issues that we've not heard of course.

Kinda waiting for the secret whispers that China are imminent to launch their crewed mission to the moon's south pole. That'd maybe light a fire and up-speed getting the SLS off the ground leak or no 😉 

Edited by DaveL59