Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Larger scale M 104

roundycat

somewhat surprised by a clear night last night so I had another go at M104. Did this one with the LX200 10" at f10 or 2500mm in spite of the wind trying to blow my obs roof off. Luckily it was from the NW so the open end was a bit sheltered. FWHM on the stars was varying wildly from 1.2 to 3 pix and guiding was being affected by the wind which was getting hold of the LX dew shield. I kept looking out to make sure the clouds hadn't arrived as showers were expected and sure enough the last time I looked out it was pouring with rain. End of session.

I mixed this 2500mm image with the previous one taken at around 1800mm. I was surprised the bigger image had any detail, so much was on the move. At least my flats work properly without the reducer. A total of 200m exposure.

Dennis

post-15519-13387736229_thumb.jpg

thanks again guys, looks like the clear weather has gone again. I will concentrate on M63 and M97 when (if) it stops raining.

Vince, the LX was guided using a WO ZS80FD on top of the main scope, guide camera was an Atik16IC working through Maxim.

Dennis

Archived