Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade starfinder scrapheap challenge

Good evening 90's channel 4 viewers.

The last few months I have aquired a few telescopes.

Meade 4504 digital, Celestron astromaster 130eq, Bresser skylux refractor and a 135mm kson. 

In my previous posts I had a seben which as a gift and my first go I had a great time but soon discovered the tripod and mount were sloppy, that's when I was given the skylux on the German eq with the missing slow motion controls. I got a bit excited and brought myself a 135mm kson on ebay for 80 quid without being able to find out much about them and it was just the tube so stuck it on the German eq still with missing slow motion cables, but pair of grips worked fine. A few months later I was given the astromaster and it was complete! I took the weights and the winders off it and put it in the shed. Things were looking up apart from the endless cloudy nights. That's when I met a bloke who wanted to sell me his Meade 4504 for 50 quid. I had to drill a couple of holes out to fit my tube rings for the kson onto the mount and it seems good. 

Now here's the question...

Will fitting a larger tube onto the Meade mount affect the tracking of targets? 

I'm putting the practice in and getting alright at polar alignment and getting it nice and level but still seem to get a bit of drift. Wasn't sure if changing the tube would affect this or if it's operator error. If you made it through this post then fair play.PXL_20220813_215744086.thumb.jpg.086f458320ff76e45090c6ae829a7fa3.jpg

IMG_20210602_163520.jpg