SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 3628 in Leo

CELESCOPE

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys , boy am i tired lol , but i just cant get the backdrop looking how i want it , always using this CLS does this , not sure why ,any help i would love to sort this out after all 3 hours should bring up a better image than this

Rog:)

Done another process on this , for improvement i used levels and with the dropper i used the lowest black point and set it to that , this smoothed the backdrop nicely,then just bought the curves up a slight bit, feel happier with this now and could enlarge the image more.

Billy for this i used the Equinox 120 at Prime, guided with the Equinox 80, tighter guiding this time my QHY5 was having trouble picking up guide stars so i used the small Atik nose piece and the 5x reducer , lovely wide field ,brighter stars and more of them, guiding seemed a whole lot better.

Rog:)

Good stuff as always Rog, you know you need to do a triplet mosaic now :)...

I saw you mentioned using a CLS, have you got an IDAS to compare it to? If you haven't, I'm thinking you might find the IDAS might work better from your location.

Tony..

Indeed Rog, I don't have any problems with it at all with my two Zenithstars although I use in conjunction with an IR cut as I'm not sure if my version of it has IR cut built in or not. Perhaps that might be cause of your halos? I've only used a CLS visually and found it cuts out lots more light than the IDAS and Neodymium from my garden.

Tony..

Archived