Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help Identifying a Mount and Drive

CurtKinghorn

I recently bought a C8 telescope and its accompanying mount and drive at an online auction. As I decided to bid on it including looking at the few online pictures provided, I thought the mount was a manual mount and that I would have to update at least the drive and possibly the mount.

When I got the scope, I discovered that the drive was actually powered and controlled! But, no control interface came with the scope. The mount and drive appear to be very sturdy and well made. As I looked further, I was surprised that I couldn’t find any indication of who made the drive or any indication of the mount model. I would like to get the interface so I can use the powered drive of the scope and also control it via software.

I removed one of the drive modules for the attached pics. Does anyone recognize the maker or model of the mount and drive or have an idea of how I can find out?

Total Drive.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Skybadger, thank you so much!  I think your identification is spot on! Based on your report, I have been able to identify the controller (Vixen DD3) as well. Since I can see you have a re-figured Vixen scope, perhaps you are familiar with the DD3 controller (maybe from prior experience). Do you know if the DD3 is compatible with Stellarium? Thanks again for the help!