Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A rough of 'The Eyes'

RobH

Hello all,

I often shoot roughs to see what an object looks like, but the images I post normally have spent quite a while in the processing mill, so here's one of the test shots for a change.

I wanted to see if this target was worth pursuing, and would be the right image scale for the TMB, so I shot 14 x 6 minute subs at the end of last nights session.

This has been heavily stretched, and heavily noise reduced to get rid of the resulting background cacophony, but I think it is a target worth pursuing from this result, although it's going to require quite a few subs I reckon.

Loads of background galaxies to bring out, and some interesting material in and around the core.

Fingers crossed for clear skies!!

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877362253_thumb.jpg

I like "roughs" as well as you said lets you know whether a particular setup will produce the results... ok you can get some idea in a decent astro package but theres nothing like letting a CCD see some light to confirm it...

Guess you'll be back then ?

Billy....

Never heard of this one Rob; and I venture to say, it's the first time it has appeared as an image on SGL. You call it rough, but expanding this one will turn out special. It looks a fascinating object. Or should I say they look fascinating.

Ron.

Looks like an ideal target Rob.

Make the most of the skies, there's a bunch of cloud coming from nowhere and its quite thick in places, I've just covered the kit up to see how it turns out, grabbed a useable hour or so though I think.

Very nice Rob - I like your method of shooting a rough to see whether its worth persuing further. How many roughs do you have to 'catch up' on?

Also - I've never heard of these objects - do you know the designations?? I googled, but couldn't get any hits :)

Thanks,

Richie

Hello Richie.

At the end of a session, I quite often just slew the scope to objects using Starry night, and have a look what they look like, most of the time I don't know, so it can be quite good fun!

These are ARP120, or NGC 4435-NGC 4438

Cheers

Rob

Managed to get a good few more subs for this last night (I was up until dawn) including a bit of colour.

Looking hazy out here at the moment, but who knows what it'll be like tonight!

LB....I googled this pair but there don't seem to be many images out there....I know Hubble imaged this, and there's an old Palomar one, but that seems about it.

Cheers

Rob

Looks interesting Rob , i bet they are to small for me to take lol

Rog

I don't know Rog, the 120 should do a reasonable job I would have thought. My image is the 152 @ F8 with the 16HR.

Richie, thanks for the chart....it certainly does look a rich area.

I'm going to put the SXVF H16 on the scope later, I've not used the TMB with this camera yet and the FOV should be much larger.

Cheers

Rob

Archived