Narrowband

Saturn July 11 redo

neil phillips

A more careful process. went out to image Saturn tonight it was awful could hardly see the Cassini D. 

Gave up and started processing my best from July 11th Orion 245mm RGB 1.5 drizzle 90% downsized the last shot was a different process. RGB

July 11th. redo r full 90 sgl.png

August 11th different process.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 7

Very nice, I like the second one better. It was awful last night. Visually it wasn't bad at moments but when I tried to image, it was less than 1-2 sec of good seeing and I also gave up.

9 minutes ago, Kon said:

Very nice, I like the second one better. It was awful last night. Visually it wasn't bad at moments but when I tried to image, it was less than 1-2 sec of good seeing and I also gave up.

It was totally out of focus. At first i thought there was something wrong with the telescope. I soon realized the heat in the air was preventing accurate focusing. Maybe the worst de focusing I've ever seen. I recorded a bit. I may post at some point

Until this heatwave is over its pointless at my location.

Cheers RE Saturn 

7 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

I missed the original post for this one so just had a quick look.   This redo, the second image, is much sharper/smoother - can it be those two things at once?!

Angie

To be honest Angie sometimes when I process. I kind of go into a mind zone. Where I am doing many things in quick succession. Kind of getting lost into the moment so to speak. I can not remember specifically what I did. If someone said replicate it I would say ok give me a week maybe. Not a very methodical processor. More artistic in nature than methodical. Hope that shows in the images. I prefer to not get bogged down in numbers. And let my eyes do the work

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, si@nite said:

I agree the  second shot looks great lovely banding on the globe & good ring detail too!

Cheers Simon

Starting to doubt I am going to do any better on it this year. Both capture and processing probably. Its been fun trying. You never know though. Need a night like the 10th July again. I used the CC Should have used the Orion.