Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Markarians Chain 4 Pane Mosaic...Hi-Res

Psychobilly

Fuzzy hunting anyone....the massive reduction to be able to post this image means you lose so much...

20191d1237572130t-4-pane-mosaic-markarians-chain-afternoon-registar-4-pane-crop-x1700.jpg

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/imaging-deep-sky/

So I have posted a hires version of the 4 pane mosaic (still jpeg)

here... (12 MB) 6802x3294 pixels for 6.30 x 3.05 degrees

and a link to the Astrometry solution (28 MB) for the high res image...

I had to remove some of the earlier timelapse movies to make space...

Billy...

Rob ,

It was ....

Modded 1000D Megrez 72 FFIII Hutech IDAS P2 on CPC800 XLT guided with 500mm f8 DSI IIC each pane 10x300s ISO 1600 through the murk.... Stacked in DSS

Registered calibrated and mosaiced in Registar post processsed in CS3

here's what a sample sub looked like....WITH the IDAS P2 in place :)

[ATTACH]20366[/ATTACH]

should be a lot better without the moisture laden orange skies...

Billy...

That 4 panes with a very generous overlap... now think what 21 panes (3 wide x 7 deep) will be like... which is my ultimate goal on this one.. 21 hours of capture to get similar "depth" but hopefully in clearer skies...

The resulting Image will be a few GB :) I'll need to improve my registar technique before doing that one RTFHF I think....

Billy...

That is one immense build Peter. Has to be a record of one sort or another.

Does Astrometry give the area of the sky covered here.

I hope you're getting some rest after this marathon.:)

Anyway, well done, it's a big job you have managed to construct here mate.

Ron.:)

nice, very very nice, i see you got the gradents sorted too, makes the joins look much better :)

your processing skills are pretty good too going on those LPR filtered subs :)

looking forward too the next batch

ally

That's an amazing wide field, Peter (I've decided to 'standardise' on your name!) some real hard work has gone into that. I am surprised at the lack of success with the IDAS filter though but you have processed out the LP beautifully. Really very well done.

Should have seen it by the naked eye :) those are 300s 1600 subs so even the IDAS will struggle with the levels of LP that night... it is really encouraging for what should be possible under better conditions...I think as well as raising the LP to horrendous levels the transparency suffered slightly smearing the image.

Processing was

For each "pane" the 10 frames were stacked in DSS with some tweaks to the stretching...

Then into CS3 with GradientExterminator and Noels Astro Actions to get them fairly close...

Then into Registar where vertical srips were registered and calibrated to then bottom right pane before beign combined.

Then back into CS3 for some more tweaks...

I decide to leave a hint of the joins as It shows it's a mosaic and not a crop...

Peter (Billy...)

Then

Archived