Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I`m Back

wookie1965

Set up early trying with the 5" again, found out I had made a big mistake Wednesday night opened "polaraligner pro" and setting my mount so it gave Polaris at 4 o`clock not 10 o`clock as it should of done thereby throwing me all off.

NGC 752  first time I have observed this and it is a really nice cluster.

NGC 7662  One of my favourite objects looked amazing in the 12mm BST  a very good friend sent me for my birthday.

On to my main objects doubles.

EI 1 (SAO 0541 38) Mags  7.3 and 7.4 with a separation of 47.1"  White/yellow twins.

Σ3004  (SAO 0529 27) Mags 6.3 and 10.1  separation 13.5" used my vixen 10mm barlowed for this gold star with a dot at the side.

Υ (Almach) (SAO 0377 34) Never got the triple Mags  2.3 and 5.0 for the A-BC pair BC pair are only separated by 0.4" so no chance of splitting that, nice Orange and White/Blue contrast in colour.

π  (SAO 0741 34) mags of 4.3 and 7.1 separation 36.0"  lovely Lemon with a tiny blue companion.

56  (SAO 0551 07) mags of 5.8 and 6.1 with a separation of 200.5" wide nearly identical yellow stars.

Σ 3042  RA 23h 51.9m  Dec +37° 53`  Mags of 5.6 and 7.6 separation of 86"  tight white twins

Σ162     RA 01h 49.3m Dec +47°54`    Mags AB 6.5 and 7.2 with a separation of 1.9"  AC 5.8 and 9.4 with a separation of 20.3  If I am right this made a tight long triangle.

Σ 79  (SAO 0368 32/33  Mags of 6.0 and 6.8 with a separation of 7.8" white with a lilac companion 

NGC 7009  I am sure I got this but with the moon being so bright I am not sure I did see a compact fuzzy so I am confident I picked it up.

I looked at Saturn early and Jupiter but they where above houses opposite me so there was heat rising making seeing watery could not put a lot of mag on it.

Neptune got this in my 8mm and could clearly see a blue marble.

M31  using my new 2" 28mm this is the best I have seen it.

M13 This was the best I have ever seen it in my 5" could resolve individual outlining stars.

M92 very compact globular cluster.

Double cluster always brilliant tonight especially.

M81 and M82 both in the 2" 28mm.

Now the sad part because Jupiter had climbed higher I wanted to take another look  so I hit the button and the mount only moved in one axis tried changing the cable nothing turned the power off then on and it worked the up and down keys where fine then, I have no idea what happened unless the weight of the scope had made the gears lock but cannot see that as it moved after I had switched it off and on.

Paul 

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 22

57 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Hi Paul, 

Good to see you reporting again and hope your back is holding up😊.

Great session you had, hope it's the first of many for the coming season!👍

Dave

My son carries my stuff out and brings it back in I try to stick around one constellation for doubles then I dont have to move as much.

• Like 2

Ouch ! Stunning comeback. Bravo for waiting for darkness and giving us a great tour . 

Seems a 100 years ago when we met at a star party . Even greater excitement when you got to find Bode’s and the double cluster . Your moniker of “clusterless 45 “ didn’t last long !

Clear  skies ! Old Nick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

Ouch ! Stunning comeback. Bravo for waiting for darkness and giving us a great tour . 

Seems a 100 years ago when we met at a star party . Even greater excitement when you got to find Bode’s and the double cluster . Your moniker of “clusterless 45 “ didn’t last long !

Clear  skies ! Old Nick.

You have been my guide for many years and I really appreciate it. 

I am really enjoying my time behind the eyepiece, I will give sketching a go again next time. 

Seems I am getting the hang of this double and multiple stars lark 😄

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 1