SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New camera: ASI461MM Pro -- 101MP, $14,800!

Lee_P

Just spotted, more details here.

Sensor: 3.4″ CMOS Sony-IMX461ALR-C
QE peak:91%
Back focus length:17.5mm/22.5mm
Max fps: 3.77fps
Full well: 50.3Ke
Shutter: Rolling shutter
Resolution: 101.99Mega Pixel,11656*8750
Pixel Size: 3.76µm
Exposure Range: 32μs~2000s
Interface: USB 3.0 Type-B
Protect window: D79.3-4 AR
ADC: 16bit
Dimension: 43.856mm*32.9mm
Weight: 910g
Working Temperature: -5℃~50℃
Storage Temperature: -10℃~60℃
Working Relative Humidity: 0-80%
Supported OS: WIN7/8/10 32&64、Linux、Mac

Capture.JPG.5bf7bb6aace42e9d7362479cd359d94c.JPG

Edited by Lee_P

• Lee_P changed the title to New camera: ASI461MM Pro -- 101MP, $14,800!

More and more amateurs nowadays pool resources for large scopes in remote areas. These will be the main target group for this model, I’d think. Also, sites where you can hire imaging times would be potential customers.

Btw, 44*33 mm strictly isn’t medium format. Medium format roll film cameras were 60*60 mm (Hasselblad) or 60*45 mm (Pentax). This sensor is still half the size of a Pentax 645. Otoh, not many focusers could support such a camera, weight wise.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 15:19, wimvb said:

More and more amateurs nowadays pool resources for large scopes in remote areas. These will be the main target group for this model, I’d think. Also, sites where you can hire imaging times would be potential customers.

Btw, 44*33 mm strictly isn’t medium format. Medium format roll film cameras were 60*60 mm (Hasselblad) or 60*45 mm (Pentax). This sensor is still half the size of a Pentax 645. Otoh, not many focusers could support such a camera, weight wise.

My Mamiya RB67 Pro SD was, you guessed it, 6x7 cm 🙂 There were quite a few variations that made use of the flexible 120 roll film format.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty38 said:

My Mamiya RB67 Pro SD was, you guessed it, 6x7 cm 🙂 There were quite a few variations that made use of the flexible 120 roll film format.....

Hasselblad nowadays also have a 44 x 33 mm sensor, but with 50 MP resolution. The price is half that of the new ASI.

I sold my Hassie years ago, and used the funds to get into astrophotography.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

Fuji appear to be the current best exponents of the "Larger than 35mm" cameras at very reasonable prices. I think  …, but don't quote me on that.

Ok

😉

Edited by wimvb

The the area of the sensor on this new camera is actually only 40 % bigger than the ASI6200 but costs nearly 4 times more. Other than size the sensors appear to have identical properties. I think this is a good argument for making 2-panel mosaics with the smaller sensor, with most likely better star shapes in the corners😆

9 hours ago, gorann said:

The the area of the sensor on this new camera is actually only 40 % bigger than the ASI6200 but costs nearly 4 times more. Other than size the sensors appear to have identical properties. I think this is a good argument for making 2-panel mosaics with the smaller sensor, with most likely better star shapes in the corners😆

You could get 2 ASI6200s and image with twice the speed/area for half the price!