SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 10th August with a Mak

chiltonstar

Saturn is looking a little clearer here as the heat haze seems to be improving a bit in these parts, although there are clouds of dust and wheat and barley chaff to contend with as the combines work to the E, S, and W of my garden.

Imaged around midnight at f15, 180 Mak, ADC and ASI220  colour camera, 3000/10000 frames.

Chris

Sat100822a.png

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Saturn is looking a little clearer here as the heat haze seems to be improving a bit in these parts, although there are clouds of dust and wheat and barley chaff to contend with as the combines work to the E, S, and W of my garden.

Imaged around midnight at f15, 180 Mak, ADC and ASI220  colour camera, 3000/10000 frames.

Chris

Sat100822a.png

Good to see you posting some planets Chris. Good capture

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

A lot more banding if I over-sharpen some of the stacked AVIs, but it gets too noisy as the aperture is only 7" - I need a C14!

Yep I know the problem the more you sharpen the more noise we introduce.  I need a C14 me and you both😄

• Haha 1