SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Arduino Cloud/Rain Sensor

A320Flyer

But that's not the same as a rain sensor.

I have a rain sensor sketch at github/Skybadger under eap8266weather. It uses a pulse counting rain sensor. There's one there too for sky quality sensing. 

Edited by skybadger
Topic

On 11/08/2022 at 18:57, skybadger said:

I have a rain sensor sketch at github/Skybadger under eap8266weather. It uses a pulse counting rain sensor. There's one there too for sky quality sensing. 

Thanks for this. Sounds interesting. Im not familiar with GitHub. Are there any instructions? Component list? 
Cheers

On 11/08/2022 at 18:57, skybadger said:

Robert Brown's SQM+ has provision for Rain Detection and Rain Bucket Rain Rate as well as a host of other weather related sensors. It's a complex project and I'm still exploring its possibilities.

Edited by Len1257

1 hour ago, A320Flyer said:

Thanks for this. Sounds interesting. Im not familiar with GitHub. Are there any instructions? Component list? 
Cheers

It's on the page, components, dependencies etc. assumes some familiarity with Arduino IDE. 

24 minutes ago, skybadger said:

It's on the page, components, dependencies etc. assumes some familiarity with Arduino IDE. 

Must be me, but I don't see any of those 😞 .  I've tried on my PC. Do I need to register an account with GitHub? I'll admit, I'm just starting on Arduino. I've bought a couple of books to go through but would like to learn from some real world examples.

No probs  - the relvant project  in the repository ( which isnt immediately apparent ) is this one : https://github.com/skybadger/ESP8266_Weather , it uses a hygreon sensor and an esp8266-12  device, any generic adafruit one will do. it also uses the parts of a Davids weather statins which you can happily ignore or disable if you wish,. 

PM me for more if you want.  Happy to help

Mike