SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Too hot to cool

iapa

It's 294 & 183 sensors I have, with a recent set of -20˚C darks and bias for all the cameras.

The main things is is that it's hot in Central Belt overnight - and I have three nights marked as being clear with potential for 15hrs hours imaging time.

Ach well, once I got the images I'll stick the cameras int he fridge :)

@iapa

I'm at pretty much the same coordinates as you give or take a minute or two and I had no problem last night cooling my ASI2600 to -15 which seems cold enough for my purposes. I crank up the camera first and start it cooling straightaway in APT. By the time I've aligned on my target, run a couple of test shots and got guiding sorted it's almost always cooled enough. 

Graeme 

It's been a balmy 47c here in Saudi this week, now dropping to a more bearable 45c. I don't use the 533MC in this heat, it's too much and will shorten the life expectancy. I did use the D5600 the other evening with LENR every frame and it seemed to work pretty well, was around 40c at the time

1 minute ago, 900SL said:

It's been a balmy 47c here in Saudi this week, now dropping to a more bearable 45c. I don't use the 533MC in this heat, it's too much and will shorten the life expectancy. I did use the D5600 the other evening with LENR every frame and it seemed to work pretty well, was around 40c at the time

I don't miss the heat of being out there, like walking into a fan oven when leaving the hotel/compound

49 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

@iapa

I'm at pretty much the same coordinates as you give or take a minute or two and I had no problem last night cooling my ASI2600 to -15 which seems cold enough for my purposes. I crank up the camera first and start it cooling straightaway in APT. By the time I've aligned on my target, run a couple of test shots and got guiding sorted it's almost always cooled enough. 

Graeme 

I was more moaning about the fact all my darks are at -20˚C

17 hours ago, iapa said:

I was more moaning about the fact all my darks are at -20˚C

Ah, gotcha.  My ASI533 dark library was all at -10 but I've gone to -15 for the ASI2600. I hadn't considered it might get so warm I can't cool to that temp. 

Graeme