SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Double shadow Jupiter 9th August

neil phillips

18 hours ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Would be UK time :)

I was using a 6” newt, so I think the smaller shadow might’ve been too small for me to pickup, compared to your large newt.

I saw both shadows in my 76mm achro, perhaps your seeing was off.

That's a cracking image Neil. I haven't done any planetary work yet this appartion, in fact haven't used the obs for any astro for a couple of months (summer skies and life getting in the way), but I'm really hoping to get back to it soon......

3 hours ago, geoflewis said:

That's a cracking image Neil. I haven't done any planetary work yet this appartion, in fact haven't used the obs for any astro for a couple of months (summer skies and life getting in the way), but I'm really hoping to get back to it soon......

Hi Geoff. Many thanks. its been getting better recently. Certainly a good time to try. Will look out for any posts. Thanks again

• Like 1

Thanks Neil. Yes, I'm still around and have been watching the forum to see what everyone was doing.

I am still imaging but the old body is struggling with the contortions needed to see through the finderscope and eyepiece! 😁

I have a few images to post up later. 

By the way I was impressed with your images with the CC, very nice.

Angie

4 hours ago, U Cyg said:

Thanks Neil. Yes, I'm still around and have been watching the forum to see what everyone was doing.

I am still imaging but the old body is struggling with the contortions needed to see through the finderscope and eyepiece! 😁

I have a few images to post up later. 

By the way I was impressed with your images with the CC, very nice.

Angie

Will look out for any posts. Always enjoyed your planetary images. Cheers Re the CC