Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Please help identify this Meade telescope

I have a Meade telescope that I'm trying to identify. I haven't been able to find any information on it or if I have it together correctly. It was given to me and I've never used one before. Any help identifying it so I can further gather information on it and how to use, is greatly appreciated.ย 

20220808_220406.jpg

20220808_220413.jpg

20220808_220423.jpg

Edited by Wmosher3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wmosher3 said:

further gather information on it and how to use

^ You have a 'lil' treasure there. First suggestion is to disassemble it (totally) after CAREFULLY reading how (Uncle Rod Mollise's instructions within CloudyNights forum)! Scrupulously clean it, re grease the main mirror mechanical bits and pieces, 'wash' all optical surfaces and maybe 'flock' the inside of the tube (FLO have flocking material).

Post a few pics of the main and secondary mirrors when the scope is apart, they may, if you are unlucky, need re-aluminising. No great problem so long as you don't live within the EU ๐Ÿ˜žย ...

๐Ÿ™‚ย the 'how to use it', comes after careful renovation ๐Ÿ™‚ย