Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn August 7th (now with pic)

Andypeck101

I finally have a dedicated laptop for imaging (and apparently clear skies shh!). 

I've had the "new" scope for nearly a year now and it hasn't seen much night sky with one thing and another but I have been adding bits and pieces here and there. 

Anyway last night seemed like a good time to try everything together, as well as CPWI on the nexstar evolution.

So a lot of time was spent on alignment and it really shouldn't have, manual alignment with CPWI is a doddle and surpisingly accurate. Anyway had to go for a target that turned up early so Saturn it was.

I think the end result is ok-ish, I was struggling with focus, and tbh I didn't really capture enough data, I think the below image is based on roughly 500 frames.

Anyway, this was captured on a Nexstar Evolution 6, ZWO  ASI 224mc, celestron Excel 2x Barlow, using CPWI for alignment and tracking.

Any tips gratefully received.

2022-08-07-2236_1-Saturn_lapl5_ap5.thumb.jpg.4ce55a7416f82ae4a6fd8e59d379244d.jpg

2022-08-07-2236_1-Saturn_lapl5_ap5.tif

Edited by Andypeck101
trying to sort images

• Andypeck101 changed the title to Saturn August 7th (now with pic)