SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter & europa 08-08-2022 good seeing!

si@nite

Can see you had a bit of calm. Finer details coming through. I must say i like your processing especially recently. No digital sharpening routines showing. Detail retrieval is all good and well. But Jupiter wouldn't look this with eyes alone. As such its false and distracting. None of that here. Nice one Simon.

Edited by neil phillips

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Very nice captures and details. Looks nice and natural.

Thanks Kon appreciated.

1 hour ago, glafnazur said:

lovely images, nice colour and detail 

Cheers glafnazur.

1 hour ago, stuy said:

Was this from the uk? Looks great 

Yes stuy there indeed from the uk although would much prefer imaging from more tropical locations!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Can see you had a bit of calm. Finer details coming through. I must say i like your processing especially recently. No digital sharpening routines showing. Detail retrieval is all good and well. But Jupiter wouldn't look this with eyes alone. As such its false and distracting. None of that here. Nice one Simon.

Well thanks Neil i appreciate that coming from you, your the one the got me into the soft processing remember many years ago,im all for trying different processing techniques but always seem to to go back to my preferred system less is more,maybe not to everyones taste. Often wonder what Jupiter would really look like if close smooth or harsh if you get that.😉

12 hours ago, si@nite said:

Well thanks Neil i appreciate that coming from you, your the one the got me into the soft processing remember many years ago,im all for trying different processing techniques but always seem to to go back to my preferred system less is more,maybe not to everyones taste. Often wonder what Jupiter would really look like if close smooth or harsh if you get that.😉

My guess is smooth Simon. Gas never really looks hard to my eye. Think of soft clouds in the sky. Thats what i reckon. Could be wrong though of course. Without actually doing it. 

And yes we have have been doing this a long time mate. I remember. 

• Like 1