Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrotrac tt320x ag problems powering up please help!

MrZuiko

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the Astrotrac I've been after one for ages having used the Skywatcher Star Adventurer.

So it arrived in the post double quick time thanks Phil........had to wait for a thread adapter to arrive so I could mount it on my tripod,so it's mounted I've put batteries in the pack  connected switched on and all works as it should,I let it track for a while then rewind it until it's home and parked great I thought as I was heading out to a dark location for two nights over the weekend.

So I've set up polar aligned my D800 is all set to go connect the battery pack and ........nothing not a peep such a shame as the sky was truly dark. Next day I bought fresh batteries and still nothing,the connections on the battery pack look good wires are connected still nothing.

I have a mains adapter (not from astrotrac)which I also tried powered up green light came on pressed play button again green light started flashing but no movement of the arms!

I have bought a usb to male jack to see if I can power it from my power bank output : 5v-1.0A which ran my star adventurer  without any problems hoping that this will cure my problems.

Has anyone else had problems with power and how did you cure them..........please help!!!!!

Clear skies.

Regards Ash.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for replying!

Well so far I've plugged a mains adapter in from another piece of equipment I have the green light came on,pressed it again to start tracking it was blinking but no movement and I heard nothing too.

Looked on the back of the adapter and it's only good for 4v and not the 12v required so I'm guessing  it didn't have enough voltage to get it going!

I've ordered another 8 cell battery pack plus and adapter so it can run off my car so I'm praying that both these will work,it's currently stuck so unable to rewind it to the home position! if this doesn't work then I have run out of ideas!!

I'll keep you updated Phil on my progress I so want this to work.

Thanks again.

Ash.

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Well I've tried everything bought a new 8 AA cell battery pack no joy.......tried running it off my power bank which I used to run my Star Adventurer  from no joy I think not enough volts.......read the manual which you kindly sent me the link and got myself the 12v cigarette lighter power cord with a builti n 3amp inline fuse on/off switch plugged it in for 2 seconds and then I saw whisps of smoke unplugged smartish so now I'm well and truly in a jam because I sold my star adventurer just after  I bought this feeling rather  disappointed.........in the manual it mentioned a 0.5 A fast blow type fuse where on earth would that be? was that the fuse blowing I saw with the smoke?  What do we do now Phil?

Regards Ash.