Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TAL meets Skywatcher!

Chaz2b

I bought earlier this year, a TAL refractor with wooden tripod. Now, I like wooden tripods, they are not cold to the touch, nice and quiet when adjusting them late at night and more stable than similarly sized Ali versions.

I also have the SW AZ-gti mount with extension tube. I decided to try to see if the tube extension would fit the tripod hub and it does! Very well!,  I just need a 3/8” 40mm length bolt with a 40/10mm steel washer to fit one to the other. I like the marriage, it will have my Tak 78 fs mounted to it.

Roll on some decent viewing.

chaz

38870258-5867-4EF5-A364-21126461F53C.jpeg

• Like 6

Haha- I just went the other way. My new Tal 100RS came without tripod but i was able to convince the seller to let me have the cup part off the top (he wanted to make a lamp from the tripod 🤦‍♂️) Bought a cheap surveyors tripod on ebay and very happy with the result :)

Mark

0E7BB089-364B-49F8-BE07-83411AFC92EC.jpeg

A0E5B434-27EA-4E2D-94CD-B43A4FEF98BB.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, markse68 said:

Haha- I just went the other way. My new Tal 100RS came without tripod but i was able to convince the seller to let me have the cup part off the top (he wanted to make a lamp from the tripod 🤦‍♂️) Bought a cheap surveyors tripod on ebay and very happy with the result :)

Mark

0E7BB089-364B-49F8-BE07-83411AFC92EC.jpeg

A0E5B434-27EA-4E2D-94CD-B43A4FEF98BB.jpeg

I'd thought of doing the same for one of the EQ5's rather than the more wobbly Alu legs but haven't so far, might be easier to just get a pillar extension and use the tripod its on at lowest setting but again not done that either lol.