Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Our friendly neighbourhood galaxy - M31 - Andromeda Galaxy

Elp

A firm favourite, third time imaging this. Those that have seen my Flickr profile will see the progression I've made with this target after a multitude of tests, now it's starting to rise again it's in a good position to image even though there's no astronomical darkness at the moment and I'm shooting it right above an LED streetlight which has caused a glow on the RHS of the image (damn you Eastern LED streetlight). A short integration time also but I don't mind with such a bright target, was also testing my newly acquired 485mc (thanks to @Dean Hale for selling it to me) after deliberating on whether to get a 585mc, I think the older model camera is very capable. Stars are a bit yellow but didn't want to desaturate them too much and left the warmth in the image. Flats also didn't work so this is calibrated with darks and bias only.

1048514477_M31AndromedaGalaxy-06-08-22-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.b495bcc357f0ec6c95139e184fa8cfea.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elp said:

A firm favourite, third time imaging this. Those that have seen my Flickr profile will see the progression I've made with this target after a multitude of tests, now it's starting to rise again it's in a good position to image even though there's no astronomical darkness at the moment and I'm shooting it right above an LED streetlight which has caused a glow on the RHS of the image (damn you Eastern LED streetlight). A short integration time also but I don't mind with such a bright target, was also testing my newly acquired 485mc (thanks to @Dean Hale for selling it to me) after deliberating on whether to get a 585mc, I think the older model camera is very capable. Stars are a bit yellow but didn't want to desaturate them too much and left the warmth in the image. Flats also didn't work so this is calibrated with darks and bias only.

1048514477_M31AndromedaGalaxy-06-08-22-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.b495bcc357f0ec6c95139e184fa8cfea.jpg

Great work with the complications in imaging it and definitely nice progress on the target too 👍, I'm looking to image this soon too now it's rising higher. Autumn is on its way