Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to fit RA motor on modified EQ2?

Upon installing Celestron's rectangular RA motor drive on an EQ2, You had to use the back side (against the cog wheel) of the mount in order to fit in the motor drive (as shown in https://youtu.be/xlGF7PYLpYE), but for some reason, the screw that's supposed to support the drive is not included on the mount. Is there any other way to put on this kind of mount without the screw? I asked CN the same question, but it seemed to have no one replying.

20220805_231350.png

Edited by ThreeSixNine

My EQ2 is the SkyWatcher/Meade type. The screw is M5 with the threaded part about 12mm long, though the length isn't critical. The screw head is an Allen socket type as that makes fitting the drive slightly easier.

I had a 'clone' EQ2 sold by Lidl as part of a refractor package.  It is actually shown in my signature picture.  I don't think it looked exactly like the original poster's photo above.  I vaguely remember having to make some sort of bracket to hold the battery-powered drive in position.

Without more detail of the OP's mount and drive I cannot assist further.