Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CMOS cameras with AR window or UV/IR block?

oymd

When considering alternatives to the ZWO 2600MM or QHY268Mono, which one is the better choice for mono imaging and why?

My understanding of mono imaging is that I will need RGB filters and a Luminance filter. 

Since the alternatives like the Altair 26M and Rising Cam options come with an UV/IR block window, how does that work with the RGB and particularly with the Luminance filter?

My understanding is that the ZWO and QHY options come with an AR window and no UV/IR block option?

Thanks

I don’t think the mono versions come with any filter like an UV/IR, it’s only the colour versions that have the option of that…but I may be wrong…I have the QHY268c and I have the choice of a UV/IR window or the AR window, and went for the AR as I wanted to use my own filters…

• Like 1

On 06/08/2022 at 11:27, oymd said:

When considering alternatives to the ZWO 2600MM or QHY268Mono, which one is the better choice for mono imaging and why?

My understanding of mono imaging is that I will need RGB filters and a Luminance filter. 

Since the alternatives like the Altair 26M and Rising Cam options come with an UV/IR block window, how does that work with the RGB and particularly with the Luminance filter?

My understanding is that the ZWO and QHY options come with an AR window and no UV/IR block option?

Thanks

Always AR window. 

• Like 1