SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Weight limit of observation chairs.

col

When I was a young NHS buyer we had a warning about a particular brand of office chair which was at risk of breaking and impaling its occupant. We also had a senior manager who blatantly ordered goods for his own use at the public expense. When this man ordered a new office chair, my colleague and I thought hard about which one to choose. Our decision must remain between ourselves and our consciences... 🤣

Personally, regarding your chair, I wouldn't risk it. You're out in the dark, the ground may be unstable or unfamiliar...

Olly

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 13:37, Dark Vader said:

I use one of these, weight limit of 200kg roughly 31 stone. Plenty solid and stable, and adjustable height.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stagg-MT-300-BK-Musicians-Throneith/dp/B005GQI2V2

Andy

Some years back RVO sold these as an astro seat. Very strong, stable and good for a high position. In the end I found it heavy to lugg outside, and got shorter scopes. It is now my workshop stool and may well last forever.

Edited by Stephenstargazer
  • Like 1