Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 4-8-22 Rrgb

morimarty

I managed to get a couple of runs on Saturn 4-8-22 just before the clouds moved in. The seeing was fairly steady and it was looking really good as Saturn was steadily climbing, but as usual clouds put a early end to the session. I also noticed the cassini ring seems to be getting more difficult to resolve but i'm not sure if it is down to the seeing or the angle of the ring system as it is getting closer to opposition?

C11 - 2xbarlow - Asi290mm - Baader rgb filters As3 R6 Cs6

SATURN-rrgb.png.1356d27870763f91e07cb572426c57b9.png1332078412_SATURN-rrgb180.png.c6fc797ef19b1efb59e344d8645c2706.png

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Laurieast said:

I just ran Stellarium all through and past opposition, there is not a huge change in the ring angle.

Hi Laurence you are right regarding the ring angle. The conditions that night was not as good as I first thought, I captured Saturn very early as it was still climbing to try and beat the incoming cloud.

Thanks all for your comments and likes.