Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cocoon widefield with Ha.

ollypenrice

This is an oddball image with a tonne of data. I don't know what I think of it. It combines a full LRGB run from my old Tak FSQ with a full OSC run from Paul Kummer's RASA 8. Then there's 15 hours of Ha from the Tak. There isn't a lot of Ha signal but there is some so, in this processing, I kept it fairly quiet. In a previous image I pushed it harder. And, finally, the Cocoon itself is enhanced by two high resolution images, one from my TEC 140 and one from Yves Van den Broek's ODK14. At least noise wasn't a problem! 😁

326728879_CocoonwidefieldWeb.thumb.jpg.6092744f1372138230e1e36b8aa2bcde.jpg

Olly

• Like 13

Very nice Olly. I especially like the star colours, mmm lovely.  Out of curiosity, what is it exactly you're not sure about? Could it be something to do with the Tak Lum not being quite enough to handle the massive amount of signal coming from the RASA? 

3 hours ago, Xiga said:

Very nice Olly. I especially like the star colours, mmm lovely.  Out of curiosity, what is it exactly you're not sure about? Could it be something to do with the Tak Lum not being quite enough to handle the massive amount of signal coming from the RASA? 

Thanks. I didn't use the Tak lum on the RASA data, I combined the Tak LRGB with the OSC.  I think what troubles me is not having a clear idea about what I'm trying to do with this one. The Ha seems to be too much or too little whatever I do with it. In this mild application there are nice Ha structures which hardly show, but rendering them visible overwhelms the rest.

Olly

• Like 1