SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problem with Clear outside app

Ratlet

Hi guys, a couple days ago my clearoutside app started to display some weird graphical bug along the top where the boxes change colour.  It's done it before, but always goes away as the day get closer.  This time the green has stayed and is still showing for tonight.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Seriously though, this is the first significant clear skies at night we've had here in months.  I've gotten my kit together but apart from some solar, not had a chance to use it in anger.  Very excited for a chance to look at stuff!  Just need to figure out what to look at.

I'll probably go out and do visual.  Quite fancy splitting me some double stars.

Screenshot_20220804-115146~3.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I can't fib, it took me a good minute or two to get the joke. 😄

Its cloudy as usual these last few weeks here. Brechin is only five and a half hours drive so I'll get there for darkness!

Friday and Sunday are promising... we shall see...

The southeast of England seems to be getting all the good weather lately. At least us northerners have water though!

Happy to report that it wasn't a malfunction.  Apparently those green boxes mean your core body temperature is going to plummet and you're going to get shouted at by the wife at 01:30.

Blown away with it.  I don't think I've ever really looked at the sky at night.  Fantastic evening.  First light for my gear and myself. M31, M13 Albireo and Ploaris.  2 doubles a galaxy and a glob.

• Like 1

I think meteoblue has the same error for tonight for me.

image.thumb.png.634c0430400672269b18544cd4150734.png

2.5 hours of astro darkness, no moon, no clouds, reasonable seeing, just a bit of jetstream.... 🤔

Clear outside seems to agree too.  Even more suspicious.

image.thumb.png.a7101642e1538cfbd4ed03d6e118eb45.png

Jetstream gap for my location too. Not great but I'll take it.

image.thumb.png.6039453a16ab78abaa75d2fd0e8d9918.png

And all the models seem to agree, making it more likely to actually happen.

image.thumb.png.21cedd83efaf3b350d3f703172b47a82.png

Edited by globular