SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How Many Stars!!

peter shah

Thats a lot of stars!.....M11 The Wild Duck Cluster and Barnards 110 dark Nebula. A two panel Mosaic imaged remotely from Spain with the Takahashi Epsilon 180ED and ZWO 2400MC pro full frame camera,  Total exposure time was 5hours. Worth taking a look at the full res.

Thanks 

Peter

M11 B110 Two Panel Mosaic.jpg

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, callisto said:

Wow 😲

thank you

11 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Amazing  , quite beautiful, and scary, realizing that every white dot is a star probably with planets and without doubt IMHO opinion, somewhere,  life !

I tend to agree, I could have done a four panel mosaic and there would still be enough stars to fill the frame

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roy Foreman said:

Lots of stars indeed. Next time I image M11 I'll use a shorter focal length scope and see what turns out.  Impressive image, well done.

Thank you Roy, to be honest The Epsilon 180ed and full frame asi2400 gives a huge FOV but this region I probably could have got away with 4panels and still would have a field full of stars!

• Like 1

Awesome!

I zoomed right in on your image at 200% in GIMP and counted about 10 x 10 stars in each 50 x 50 pixel sample I tried, which I reckon gives something like 1.4 million stars in the image. But, I could be way off!

Whatever the count, it is very nice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mandy D said:

Awesome!

I zoomed right in on your image at 200% in GIMP and counted about 10 x 10 stars in each 50 x 50 pixel sample I tried, which I reckon gives something like 1.4 million stars in the image. But, I could be way off!

Whatever the count, it is very nice.

Well hats off to you for trying Mandy 👏 it really is a remarkable part of the sky

• Like 1

Just now, peter shah said:

Well hats off to you for trying Mandy 👏 it really is a remarkable part of the sky

I had to give it a go after you put all the effort into collecting those photons, as there is no way I could achieve that at present. And, you are right: A truly remarkable piece of the sky.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tomato said:

Great image!. Good job it was captured at a dark location, you'd struggle for some background sky to do a LP removal operation.

Doesn't seem to matter how dark the sky is there always seems to be some gradients to deal with. Although not as bad as it could be with the low altitude it was still a challenge to get the gradients under control enough to get a seamless stitch. I had to abandon DBE as it wasn't able to cope well enough without causing other artefacts.

6 hours ago, peter shah said:

Thats a lot of stars!.....M11 The Wild Duck Cluster and Barnards 110 dark Nebula. A two panel Mosaic imaged remotely from Spain with the Takahashi Epsilon 180ED and ZWO 2400MC pro full frame camera,  Total exposure time was 5hours. Worth taking a look at the full res.

Thanks 

Peter

M11 B110 Two Panel Mosaic.jpg

Amazing image. very thought provoking.