Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light on the Altair 6" classical Cassegrain. Jupiter & Saturn

baggywrinkle

I aquired a 6" Altair classical Cassegrain as an alternative to the heavier 8" Edge I also own.

The reasoning is that I have just had an aorta replacement and need to keep away from heavy lifting for at least another 6 weeks and I wanted something lighter for when I am away in the caravan...(Kelling).

Took these images last night with the OTA mounted on a Celstron Evolution mount. I was initally concerned that at F12 tracking might be an issue. However a solar system align on Jupiter was more than adequate. Non barlowed I saw minimal drift.

I used an Altair GP-CAM 385C as the camera and took around 1000-2000 frames and stacked the best >50% quality.

I spent some time in the afternoon playing with the spaces provided and in the end had to use the diagonal, which I know is not recommended, so that I could swap from an EP to the camera when starting the imaging run. Question: If you own one of these what do you do. Inward focus is the issue. So barlow or do what I am doing?

1338985038_03_06_26rsaf.jpg.85d51271cb6320889b8f8aabf3352f72.jpg50780376_03_32_45Saturn.jpg.ce2153491fc21feb97dfde1ff3e20c4f.jpg

Edited by baggywrinkle
spelling
  • Like 9