Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using the Skywatcher AZGTI with Sky Safari app?

Cjg

Hello, with a first outreach event in a long time approaching, I wonder if someone knows how practical it is to use the synscan app with Sky Safari? When I first purchased the mount, it  was quite convoluted on iOS needing two devices to work with Sky Safari.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

It works fine if you've got android but I found it still disconnects at times but reconnects very quickly.

Edit: just tried it for around 2 hours, no disconnection issues, phone locked unlocked multiple times, networks switched multiple times, mount still tracked well.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 2

I use SynScan Pro with SkySafari 7 Pro on my iPad. Connect to AZGTi WiFi hotspot, open SkySafari and adjust Telescope Preset setting to AZGTi. Click to connect telescope, and SynScan Pro will automatically open. If you’re using standard left hand AZ motor firmware you’ll be returned directly to SkySafari with the scope view FoV drawn on the sky. With right hand firmware you will need to select appropriate operational mode.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Elp said:

I think you need the pro for the extra features. I listed a step by step for connecting to SS7 over here on 25th July:

You can get a link to an individual post by right-clicking on the post date in the header and copying the address:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/387014-skywatcher-az-gti-mount-owners-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4267542

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cjg said:

Thank you, that’s very helpful. Is it worth installing the Synscan Pro over the regular Synscan? 
Thanks

Both versions are free, unlike some "pro" versions. The Pro version is aimed at EQ mounts and includes a 3-star alignment option, but you can use Pro with an Alt-Az mount.

• Like 1